It Had to Happen Sometime

I’ve been so over growing Annie’s hair for a while now, but just hadn’t made the time to get it cut. And speaking of time…was it ever!

Friday was the day. I gave a nod to my alternative (flaky?) side and had it cut when the moon was waxing, and to my practical side by heading to the mall where cut, blow-dry and the cutest round-the-nape-of-the-neck braid was only €13.

Annie sat quietly smiling through the whole thing (because she isn’t, you know, two) and of course loved the results.

Before the event

Scraggly

Hair up....

...and cut!

Muuuuuuuch better

Likin' it

Yeah, I'm never going to be able to do that.

Oooooo

And dance!

7 Responses to “It Had to Happen Sometime”

1. Mom says:

Hi Hillary & Annie.
    A big decision for Mom and a happy experience for Annie. Glad you captured this delightful event. Charming!
    Hugs, mom

2. Lori says:

A milestone, for sure. I’ve been having the same thoughts about Matheson (scraggly). There’s no way she’ll last without a cut ’til Annie’s age … that is, unless Short Mama has her say (smile).
    Love from Lori

3. beth says:

she is SO beautiful! what a great bunch of pictures!

4. Mary says:

She’s adorable Hillary, I just realized Annie is the same age that you were when I first met you. You used to dance just like that on the rocks behind our cottage. I’m sure there are pictures of that somewhere. It would interesting to compare!

5. Ana says:

Have I ever told you that I am a high specialist in making this Frisör !!!
    I´ll make Annie the most beautiful one called `a Russian crown`. Just give me a chance <3<3<3

6. What a sweet posting.. I have a 4 year old and have yet to cute her hair..lol I love these pictures..they are just precious.Thanks for sharing.
    Priscilla

7. Emily says:

Just found your blog through “damomma”‘s blog. I, too, am an ex-pat–American now in Norway–for the last 6 months. I’ve heard the first year is the toughest, as I’m sure you can attest to. I’m identifying with much of what I’ve read so far, and your comment about style–the layers and love of scarves–so true. And to hoping your daughter is just “international” and not “confused” over the mix of traditions. Making me giggle. Looking forward to reading more. (PS: your daughter is adorable)